Want an invite? Anyone who donates to the Soft Skills Engineering Patreon gets an invite to the Slack. Invites are sent the week of each month after Patreon bills you.
Welcome to the Soft Skills Engineering Slack! We’re excited to have you join this community interested in the non-technical parts of the technical field of software. These guidelines will help keep the environment safe, welcoming, and friendly.
- Hop in to #intros and introduce yourself. Help us get to know you!
- Fill out your profile. Make yourself a human.
- Read the Code of Conduct.
- Remember that everyone is welcome to contribute regardless of experience level or background. If you just want to hang back and lurk, that’s cool too.
- This Slack is not a place for commercial activity (e.g. recruiting, or marketing your product/conference) except in channels dedicated to that purpose (e.g. #jobs, #consulting-gigs, #conferences, or #services) and never in an unsolicited direct message. If you see commercial behavior going down, direct message @jamison and I’ll fix it.
- Really, read the Code of Conduct.
We’re so glad you’re joining us. See you on Slack!
Thanks to the Rands in Repose Slack guidelines which influenced this document.